Sunday, February 13, 2011

Adventures at Bloody Dick

We used to go camping a lot when we were kids at a place called Bloody Dick. John and I went fishing with dad one morning and at some point we wondered off and lost him. We decided in order to find him we should go up on the mountain so we could look down on the creek (very plush with overgrowth) to find him. We, of course, didn't want dad to know that we had lost him in the first place. So up the mountain we went. At some point John said, "Jo stand still - don't move." He sounded very serious, so I did what he said. Then he said, "When I say run - go as fast as you can back the way we came." Then he said, "RUN!" I ran. Later he told me that there was a rattlesnake just in front of him! What an adventure! We did later find dad just by following the creek. We never told anyone (until much later in life) about our little adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment